Sunday, August 5, 2012

Breastfeeding


  I have made it my goal to breastfeed for at least two years and met my goal of breastfeeding exclusively for 6 months! Breastfeeding is a huge part of a mother and baby relationship. There is absolutely nothing like it and as they say, breast is best! I could not agree more.

Every mom, and dad, have a ton of decisions to make before bringing a baby into the world. How they choose to feed their baby is one of these choices and is so important. Breastfed babies in general are happier and healthier than formula fed babies.

I believe that every mom should try to breastfeed. No, it's not easy in the beginning, but if you try you will see how amazing breastfeeding can truly be. You can not get any closer than having your child breastfeeding and holding them so close and knowing there is no place in the world they would rather be. It is such a special, personal bond that a mother and baby can share.

On top of everything it is the most nutritional for your baby hands down. There is no argument that breast milk is the best nutrition for your new baby.

A lot of new moms do not have sufficient support to be successful at breastfeeding. It is imperative to have a support system behind you to breastfeed exclusively. The first two-three weeks are extremely difficult and if a new mom tries breastfeeding, most will stop within this time frame because of no support system. People will tell them "Oh just give them a bottle" when it gets hard and this is NOT helpful even though they are trying to be. If you push through those first few weeks, you can push through anything, trust me.

If anyone ever has any questions about breastfeeding please contact me! I would love to help you achieve your goal of breastfeeding your baby! It has been one of the greatest decisions I have made in raising my daughter.




No comments:

Post a Comment